Prospective student paper authors are encouraged to submit motivations for student grants to attend the conference. Two types of grants are available
- Student registration fee grant (14 available) – only the student registration fee is covered.
- Student full attendance grant (5 available) – student registration fee and standard accommodation are fully covered, as well as covering actual travel expenses up to a maximum of R5,500.
- Proof of registration for 2020 academic year at an institution of higher learning must be provided, or a student card indicating the period of validity.
- The student must be the first author on an accepted paper. If an applicant’s submitted paper is rejected, the grant application automatically becomes disqualified.
- The student must present his/her paper at the conference.
- The student or his/her institution must be able to cover any funding shortfall arising from the above grants.
- Financial need
- Quality of paper submission
- Submitted motivation
Note: Since funding for these grants were obtained from the South African National Research Foundation, a portion of the grants will be reserved for South African and African students, whereas the rest will be for students from other countries.